Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Star Lamps




I'm so excited!
I went to the Kane County Flea Market this month 
with my brother and sister in law 
and found some real treasures. 

(You can also read about what I scored there when I went with Kim, 
from County Line Road blog, here.)

I think the December Flea Market is great 
because it's the last one they hold until March
 and the dealers are really dealing! 

My favorite find was a pair of metal star lamps, 
spotted by my sister in law, Joan.
(Someday maybe I'll get to show you their house... It's fabulous!)



They are brand new, in perfect condition, with great shades 




and a cool patina finish.
They were a steal and the colors work beautifully in my family room. 




I put this one in a boring dark corner and it fills the space up so well!



Possibly over accessorized... 
Must edit...
I do love the green hounds tooth fabric on the table, though! 



Hmmmm. Is this any better?  Not sure...  

Must continue to play with things instead of doing anything really important....



I love these lamps 
and when my new end table arrives, 
I think the lamp will look great on it.

The family room is still in progress, ever since our recent kitchen remodel, 
which you can read about here.
Can't wait to get it finished and show it to you!


I also spotted this little tea caddy at the Flea Market 
and couldn't resist.




And this shelf with a mirrored back and Chippendale/bamboo spindle trim.
It's either very grandma or very cool...


I can't decide, but it was a steal and so I couldn't resist.
But where to put it?
Should I paint it white? 
Fun dilemmas.

We'll see! 

Happy New Year!


Linking to:
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I vote that shelf unit is very cool. Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lamps . . . Tweaking putting things together . . . very fun part . . . maybe that is why my hubs calls me "putz" because I am always "putzin!"
    One day I think I need to make the Kane County sale a priority . . ,
    Happy New a year, Erin!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!