Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cottage portrait with Waterlogue


I'm going to share a magical little artistic secret with you today.
I first heard about the App "Waterlogue" from Kim at Savvy Southern Style.
It's absolutely amazing.
I have played with Photoshop for years and have tried almost all of their filters and effects.
I think Waterlogue is by far, the easiest, prettiest watercolor effect, ever.
Just watch-
Here's a picture of our cottage taken late this past summer.
(More about this photo later)

I uploaded this photo to Waterlogue
and the app magically transformed it into the luscious watercolor below!

Here is the before shot again.....
What a magical app!

And I'll tell you another secret.....
I took the above photo right over the shoulders of professional photographers Gridley and Graves
when they visited our cottage last year for -get this- a magazine photo shoot!!!
Shut the front door!
It really happened!
Our cottage is going to be featured in the March issue of Cottage Style Magazine!
I have seen the pictures they took, but not the article, yet.
I can hardly wait!
I sure hope I am not jinxing things by sharing this.
Talk about checking off a major bucket list item!

Thanks to Amy at While Wearing Heels for the referral to Gridley and Graves.
Seems like Blogging can be pretty magical, too!


Linking to 
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. How exciting is that! Be sure to let us know what month the cottage will be featured!
    I found Waterlogue a few weeks ago and have had fun playing with it.
    Loved the cottage in Waterlogue . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cottage either way, but the watercolor is just gorgeous. I heard about Waterlogue and was so sad when I found out it is just for iphone....ugh! I'm even thinking of getting an iphone just for this app. Congrats on your cottage being featured! Such great thrill for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I haven't heard of this app. How fun. Your cottage looks wonderful.I invite you to share this post at my Thursday Favorite Things blog hop ( you can link up through Saturday) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have got to download that ap ASAP. What a cool effect. Can't wait to try it out myself.

    And I am thrilled I was able to refer photogs to your gorgeous magazine worthy cottage. I must see picture from the magazine. Let me know when it comes out. I'll want an autographed copy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just picked up a copy. Another blogger's neighbor's home or something is in this one, too. Congrats. G & G are the ones who shot mine last month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great!!! I am way behind the times and don't have any apps on my phone...wonder if Waterlouge can be accessed on a regular computer? Congrats on being in a magazine!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!